so i was wondering the other day about the things that get rubbed off on us without us wanting them..
i personally blame my subconscious lol :P no really..think about it..if someone you know had this horrible habit or quality that you utterly detest! yet coz of former experiences you find yourself scared of them rubbing it off on you due to the daily interaction between you and them.
ok..to make it more clear I'll share a former experience k?
i had this Bahraini friend who used to say hindia (indian) instead of stupid..and it was really getting on my nerves to the point that i told her : why do you associate Indians with stupidity? thats kinda racist you know!
anyways..days went by and I went back home for my summer vacation..and guess what was the new word added to my dictionary? yup! hindia! xD
now even though i really hated HER saying it..I became the one saying it! and it came out of my mouth all on it's own! very naturally..
you just get used to it, and unconsciously start using it..what does that tell you? that I have no personality? that I'm very insecure to the point that I'm afraid of such things rubbing off on me? should i be more sure about myself? well, WRONG! thats not it..it happens all on it's own ok? sure you can control it..i mean..I'm not saying hindia anymore, but the point I'm trying to make here is..it has nothing to do with my personality nor insecurity!
1 comment:
LOL,,,
I wonder if you were around me!!! wht words would you be saying!!!
Post a Comment